Friday, September 25, 2015

Homemade uncrustable sandwiches

So yesterday I made uncrustable sandwiches for the kiddos school lunches. I use WowButter instead of peanut butter since my daughter is allergic to peanuts. All the store bought uncrustable sandwiches contain peanuts and she loves uncrustable sandwiches. We were both excited when we found the Wonder bread uncrustable sandwich cutter a few years ago and it is still in great shape.

The great thing about WowButter is it also comes with little stickers that say it's 100% peanuts free. Which is great since we have had in the past a teacher tell my daughter she couldn't eat something that we packed in her lunch bag. The teacher wasn't sure it was safe for my daughter to eat, so she told her that she would have to eat it at home. Honestly great my daughter's teachers are looking out for her but we would never give her something that could harm her. When you have a child with food allergies you learn to check the ingredients list since that is the only place it will definitely say if it has peanuts or whatever else you or your child is allergic to.

So back on topic. Yesterday I made 6 Nutella, 6 jelly, 6 WowButter, and 6 WowButter & jelly. Put them into ziploc baggies then into the freezer they go. Crates make finding them in the deep freezer so much easier for the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment